Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, January 18, 2014

All Bound Up!

I spent the first three days this week out of town.  I came home to snow...lots of snow.  Being snowed in definitely has it's advantages.  I don't mind the grueling cold, as it will kill off some of those pesky insects that seem to find me inviting for a good summer meal.  The seed catalogs have started coming, and that always helps cure my cabin fever.  I've been studying permaculture a LOT lately.  One thing I can tell you I do wrong in my gardening is that I do not have a "plan".  Sure, I know what I want to plant and approximately where I want to plant it.  Where I fail, is that I don't look at where Mother Nature would prefer to have it.  Permaculture is intriguing, as you take concepts like what nature does, how it does it, and create a plan that ends up taking less work in the long run.  I won't go into a lot of detail, but I have found it absolutely fascinating. 

The only thing quilting-related I have finished this week would be the binding on the Christmas Medallion quilt.  Since I will be actually leaving the house today, I do intend to spend some quilty time in the studio. 


I do want to show you this, though.....



Hubs made it for me when he saw me making graham cracker crumbs with the little fella beside it.  I like crumbing up my own graham crackers because I think they taste "fresher".  I know, I am a freak.  Hubs was fixing my Momma's favorite skillet and used the lathe to make her a walnut handle.  While he was tinkering, he used that same trusty lathe to make my husband beater.  (Whoops--did I say that out loud?  You have to admit, it definitely looks a little cavewoman-like!)  Let me tell ya, those graham crackers don't stand a chance against this guy!

Well, I am finally off to the sewing studio.....

1 comment:

Rose said...

when I need cracker crumbs of any kind, I use a rolling pin and roll over them...very easy. Learned that from my hubby's grandmother. Last time I put them in a food storage bag a few at a time then just poured them where I needed them.