Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, January 27, 2014

A Hare-y Situation/Question....

I finished quilting Hare Affair this weekend.  I tried to adjust the contrast setting on the picture, so you could see the quilting.

Here is his front:


This little number took forever to quilt.  There is hard-to-see cross-hatching in the black background.  the squares are 7/8".  I also stitched in the ditch around all of the applique.  Mr. Hare is going to probably get some embellishments....at least an eye!

Below is the back.  I'm not thrilled with the border treatment, but it looked good in my head....

I still learn from all of the quilts I am quilting.  This quilt taught me two things:  Number One---Mark these little ones (especially if they have a black background) before you load and start quilting.  I thought it would be easy-peasy to wait, since it wasn't a huge quilt.  Lesson learned.  Number Two--Even if the quilting idea looks OK in your head....go with your gut when you first start quilting.  Then, you won't feel bad for having to frog-stitch and do something that may even look better.  I get so bull-headed that I want something to work....I don't like how it is coming out....but I just keep going....kinda like the Energizer bunny.  Sorry, that pun just fell out!!!!!



So, here is the question....I had laid out the extra back fabric (in the background on the front of the quilt) for the binding.  Now, I'm thinking I need to use the yellow...?????  What do you think??

I'm off to contemplate life over a cup of tea.  Stay warm today!!!!

Blessings....

1 comment: