Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Good Tidings!

Can you believe it is almost time to decorate for Christmas?  It seems like we just finished with Halloween.  (insert giggle here)  I can always tell when it Christmas is coming...the Christmas presents start showing up to be longarmed!  That's where I have been.  No time for the computer, just a longarming fool!

I did finish quilting and binding this little number.  It is called Good Tidings by Country Threads.  I haven't even thought about hanging it (or any other quilts for Christmas as far as that is concerned) or where it will end up.

I stitched-in-the-ditch around the letters, candy cane stripes, stocking and contents.  there are some vertical quilting lines in the background fabric.  Originally, I echo quilted in between the candy cane stripes, but it looked horrible, so I ripped it all out.

I did get another large quilt all quilted.  I'll upload a pic of it once it is bound. 

I have two more custom quilts to finish, then nothing else is due before Christmas.  That will be a huge load off.  I had 13 days of vacation to take off or I would lose them, so I am taking Thanksgiving week off, a bunch of Fridays, and a little time around Christmas.  :) 

I'll fill you in on the wedding later....I have to head back to the longarms!

Blessings...

No comments: