Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, October 15, 2012

Look who showed up to the party!

It is election time here in the US.  No matter if you are a member of the Democrat or Republican Party, the phone calls and television ads *gently* remind us that it is time to exercise our right to vote.  Since it is a "patriotic" time of year, I wanted to finish up a "patriotic" quilt to celebrate! 


Yes, I had a better picture on the camera.  The quilt was all straight and it could be cropped.  I couldn't help but laugh when I found this one.  Hubs in his welding cap (sticking out from the top) and welding boots---then there is Mr. Sneaky peaking around from the back.  Did I really think there would be a picture taken around here with the infamous Bambino in it?

No doubt 'work' has me exhausted.  It is still more than a tad stressful right now.  I just have to keep reminding myself that The Tractors are Coming....and it will all be worth while.  I haven't had much sewing time, just some longarming and binding.  I finished up the project from Primitive Quilts and Projects fall issue and have bound it and given it as a gift.  I have my blocks all done that I showed you pics of before--the quilt that looks like I really screwed up an Ohio Star....I hope to finish that one up this week or this weekend.

There has been lots of longarming going on here.  Seems you are all getting ready for Christmas, which is a good thing.  The longarming is my stress relief.

If you are an American....go vote!  I may show up at the polls with my newly finished quilt all draped over my shoulders like a shawl, just to show my spirit!  Afterward, I will go home, pour a glass of wine, and celebrate the end to the political phone calls and television ads!  :)

3 comments:

Linda in IN said...

Can you tell us what pattern this is?
Thanks

Eileen Hughes said...

Just love it! You need to take a picture of him lowering your quilt and smiling!! I enjoyed it. Eileen

Appalachian Quilts said...

Linda--you are set to no e-mail addy on your google settings, so I couldn't e-mail you privately. This pattern is my own design....