Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

In abstentia....

This week we had our "Food Show".  Manufacturers fill a room with chafing dishes and heat lamps, cooking samples all day long for our customers to wander around and try a little of this and a little of that.  It is a great opportunity for chefs to get new menu ideas and an even better way for me to pack on a few pounds!  The preparation involved by the manufacturer's reps, as well as by us in sales and marketing is extensive.  My feet are still aching and it is finally over.  Last year at this time, I was the new kid.  I didn't have many customers attend and I pretty much walked around twiddling my thumbs.  Not this year.  This year....I was busier than a one-armed paper hanger and it was awesome!  However, it did stop me from getting a pic for you!  It is literally a Food Fest!  Hubs and I are both still exhausted!

I've been getting some hand work together.  Going out of town this weekend and I have to have something to do!  I've got longarm quilts being dropped off and picked up this evening and tomorrow....so I won't be bored when I get back!  LOL

So, not much quilting going on here this week....not even so much as blog-hopping going on right now.  I have been enjoying the Fall weather, though.  It is my favorite time of year.....

No comments: