Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thank heavens for football!

I don't know what it is about football games, but I get so much more binding done when I am watching a good game!  We all know that I don't have the patience to just sit and do nothing....so, I try to have handwork to do.  Usually--it is binding.....that is how I got the Jacob's Ladder all bound in one day--FOOTBALL!

I had this topper (another from the Sew One and You're Done book) done 2-3 years ago.  Those toppers might not all be what I would choose for a pattern, but they were great for a quick way to show off a fabric line!  I quilted this one earlier this year, and it just needed bound...ahhhh....FOOTBALL!


Now, I know what you are thinking--that is the most clever use of a bush EVER!  Yeah, you are right.  Hubs couldn't be disturbed, he was watching the Matrix.


Since there was nothing outstandingly special about this topper, other than I wanted to get it done, I just did an allover snowflake.  I love this allover and will probably use this side of it when I make my little winter 'display'.  I have an antique sled, some skates, a little cap with mittens attached....you get the picture.  All I know is that it is D O N E ! ! !

BTW, that is not thread you see on the back....there is something wrong with your eyes and you should really make that appointment with the optomotrist you have been putting off.  You may have a detached retina or something.......or something.....LOL

Well, I am off to do some late evening work for Bossman.  Counting down until March....that's all I'm gonna say about that!

Have a good evening!

No comments: