Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, September 09, 2012

Climbing that ladder again!

I didn't have quite as many customer quilts to longarm this week, so I did it!  I let myself throw one of those UFOs on the allover machine just so I could get it done!  While I worked on a custom for a customer on the other machine, I did an allover feather design called Goosedown on this one.  I cannot tell you how good it feels for this quilt to have gone from an unfinished UFO in the 'pile' to a quilted and bound quilt in a week!  Here is that Jacob's Ladder again....no dancing husband this time...sorry!


Bambino always enjoys a good finish!  He was helping out with the squirrel population (which is out of control by the way) when he ran back over for his supermodel pose.  I just love my Bammie!


Here is a close-up of the quilting.  Don't know if you can see it that well, but the curves of the feathers helped with all those straight lines.  I bound it in the same red as the skinny border, which also helped tie everything together.

I LOVE watching football with the Hubs, but I just cannot stand to just 'sit'.  So, I scurried to get this one all ready to bind before we sat down to watch the game.  I was worried about not finishing the last few blocks and if this would end up being a usable size.  It finished at 85 x 100!  That's usable to me....so, I threw the excess pieces away.  Don't cringe....the sashing and HST were a woven fabric.  Had I held onto them, they would have just frayed away into oblivion.  It's all good.

I have a lot of work to do for Bossman today, so I don't know how much I will get done for me.  Also have that dreaded ironing to do....so, we shall just have to wait and see.

The Tractors are coming......the Tractors are coming.......the excitement continues.....

No comments: