Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Climb on up!

Monday morning I got up and tidied the house from the Engagement Party we had on Sunday.  I headed into the studio and decided I would tidy up a bit in there, as well.  Feeling that sense of accomplishment from finishing the Log Cabin, I decided I would grab one of those UFOs off the pile and finish it up.

This Jacob's Ladder quilt has been a UFO for at LEAST 5 years, and that is being conservative.  It was a mystery quilt we did when we were over on the other side of the state.  It was supposed to get a few more rows or something, and I found the pieces I had cut out of sashing and for the nine patches, but I couldn't find the background pieces or the border fabric.  Rather than putting it back on the shelf or spending hours looking....I just decided to just get new fabrics and finish it.  I am not a fan of the border fabric, but it does pull it all together.  So a few hours later....I have another UFO off the pile and ready for the longarm lineup!


Feel free to laugh at Hubs' shadow showing through....I did!  Doesn't he look like one of those shadow dancers who stand behind the screen and make funny shapes??  ROFL  It feels good to get this one done.  I'm just going to do an allover quilting on it and call it completely done.  Binding will be that same redish color that is the skinny border.  It will help make the cornerstones go with the border fabric a little better.  I am sure that once I pull it off the longarm from being quilted, the border fabric will show up.  *sigh*

I'm off to get ready for work...have a blessed day!

1 comment:

MooseStash Quilting said...

I was so humming the stripper song, after seeing the shadow thru the quilt!! Take it off, take it all off baby! hehehehehe