Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, September 17, 2012

Another post from Country Living Fair

When I go to events like this, I like to hear peoples' story...artisans that is....There were a few 'standout' artists, and Mo was one of them.  Mo is very well-known in the folk art industry, understandably so!  Mo and his wife, Kelly have a lot (personally) with Hubs and I.  He was fun to talk to.  Because he was in a white tent and the sun was where it was, it was hard to get super awesome pics, but even with all that was against my getting a good pic...you can see how incredible his work is!


The intricasy of each hand-carved animal was something my pics or words cannot show...









When Prodigal Son was little, his room was decorated in Noah's Ark.  I still have it all, because I love it so.  Nothing I have compares in the slightest to the works of Mo.  Mo is a true artist.  There are items in his booth and in his studio at home that fall into the "if you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it" category.  Some of these smaller whimsical items were more affordable to those of us with a tight grip on our checkbook....but if you can afford those standout items, well, you definitely get your money's worth.  His work was magical to say the least.  There are names whom you would read in People magazine who commission his work.  There are events that my common self would never be invited to attend, that Mo is an integral part of.  Not only was he an incredible artisan, but he was an enjoyable conversationalist as well.  If you are in the market for "Sunday toys", check out Mo's website:  www.modallas.com

Until next time....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am trying to purchase some lovely fabric from your website.It is called the Colors of Friendship 1014.1. I would love to purchase 15 yards of this fabric. I use paypal. If you have trouble using paypal on your website. You can set up a listing on Ebay and I can gladly purchase it from there. Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to do business with you in the future. I love fabric as well.:)

Appalachian Quilts said...

Since you posted anonymously, I am unable to reply to your post. Please send me your e-mail address....