Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Catching up....

OK, so my massage is over and I'm all relaxed and ready to post an update.  Did you have storms?  We surely did.  A lot of folks were without power for days, so we were blessed to at least have power.  Unfortunately, our AC died....and we felt like we were going to as well!  The storms rolled in--Hubs fusses at me to take Bambino and head to the basement.  Just as he was shutting the door to the back terrace, THIS happened....

 This tree was almost 100 ft tall.  The root ball is taller than Hubs and I.  What you can't see from the pic is that it pulled up the sidewalk AND the drainage pipe when it went down.  After I saw it, I started shaking....if it had gone the opposite direction, we would have NO HOUSE!  Glass half full--I could have gotten that new kitchen a little quicker!


Another downed tree....
 See how all the limbs are stripped from this one?  That is from where the first one fell.  It obliviated the limbs!
 This is what we call a "driveway issue".
 There used to be a tree here, too.  This is the front yard hill...
 A little better pic of the root ball.  Glass half full again....it would be a great beginning for a new pool!  Hubs wasn't buying it.  This tree offered us all the shade on the back terrace and he is quite upset.

But, not everyone was upset about the heat and the storms.  Look how happy my flowers are!

 (It was so hot and steamy my lens fogged up!)
 I love the color of this coral Hibiscus!
 Bee Balm is just about done blooming.  I need to move him.  The Rudbeckia is choking him right out!
 Another Hibiscus...
 This Hibiscus is my show off.  Her flowers are larger than dinner plates!
Thought I would end on this positive note.  I promise there will be some quilting on here very soon.  I'm actually off to longarm now!  Then, we have a charity dinner tonight in the big city.

Count your blessings....I know I AM!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow, I'm glad you're okay! Mother Nature can be ruthless at times. Your flowers are sure beautiful though!