Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

The whole "Gift" topic again.....

I HATE it when the family asks me what I want for Christmas/Birthday/Mother's Day, etc.  I usually just say "nothing" or "time with them" because that is just the way I was raised.  So, here we go...Mother's Day and my wedding anniversary are both around the corner and it has begun.  Hubs is so pitiful when he asks.  He really doesn't know what to get me, and I really don't want anything....at least I didn't think so!

I'll be honest--I haven't been blogging much because my camera is on it's last leg.  When I turn on the power button, it pushes the lens out...gets ready...then closes itself back up.  It goes through this four or five times....then decides whether the shut down is permanent for the day.  I've known she was on her last leg, but I am such a mizer....I was waiting until she actually flew the white flag.

Before digital cameras, Princess Daughter and I got into photography together.  We had a fairly expensive camera, tripod, multiple lenses, darkroom kit, etc.  We have taken some pretty awesome pictures over the years.  The "BIG" camera got packed away when I got the digital, but it just has not been the same.  There was just something about getting out the "BIG" camera and having hubs spend a Sunday driving me around to take pics, then waiting to develop them.  I was actually contemplating getting her out for our trip this weekend, but I don't know if you can still get film developed and I certainly can't set up a darkroom on the heels of not knowing how long it will be set up...

So, it actually hit me.  This time I really DO want something.  Dare I ask?  I'm not one of those diamond-wearing women who like to show off bling.  I like gaudy colorful jewelry that costs about $20 and when I break it or lose an earring, it isn't as painful.  Knowing that was where Hubs would go with this whole anniversary-thing, I broke my silence.  I actually told him I would like to have a new camera.  Now, I was thinking of one similar to the last three I have gone through in the past nine years...that didn't happen.  Hubs took me last night and bought me the coolest camera ever!   When Hubs buys me something, he likes to spoil me (I'll only admit this once in writing!) and goes a tad overboard.  So, now I am the proud owner of another "BIG" camera...extra lens...photo editing software to replace the darkroom....camera case and EIGHT gigs of camera cards!  She is charging her batteries right now in preparation for our trip and I am sooo excited to take some cool pics on our trip!

Quilting and Gardening are ME hobbies.  Those are things I usually do alone.  Taking pics...that is something we do together.  We load up a picnic lunch....take a drive....and spend time together, just the two of us.  Yup--perfect anniversary gift...the promise of more time together...just the two of us....


The Tractors are coming....the tractors are coming....

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a wonderful gift, for both of you! You'll make such great memories together while out taking pictures. I'm in the market for something other than my point and shoot but it's hard to choose when there are so many choices and I really don't know what I need/want. Enjoy!