Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, May 12, 2012

More from the Museum of Appalachian History

I wish we had more time to spend at the Museum, I was so enthralled with some of the displays.  I honestly could have just lived there.  There was a rush of emotions, as it brought back so many childhood memories.

 First, the fun one of the day.  This is a banjo made from.....a TOILET SEAT!  Who wouldn't want a pic of that?  LOL
 Someone actually took the time...way back when...to make a scale version of the local mill.


This baby crib and quilt were just precious!


I found the colors on this scrappy Carolina Lily interesting for the period.

The hand work on this quilt was just incredible.  The page numbers you see on the tags reference a Quilt book from the 80s that tell the history of some of the quilts.  You know I just HAD to buy the book!

2 comments:

patchworkchronicles.com said...

What is the book?

patchworkchronicles.com said...

What is the name of the book?