Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, May 11, 2012

I was starting to freak out!

I installed software last night and spent a couple hours trying to load the pics from my camera.  Finally, I gave up and had to walk away....completely bummed.  So, this morning I took the camera card to the other computer and was just going to load them to my stick drive the way I used to.  Nope!  The card reader didn't like the high def card.  Frustrated, I got out the book....  Don't laugh--5 minutes later my pics were loaded.  Now, I'm running behind getting ready for work, but I wanted to at least show you a couple pics...these were taken in the Museum of Appalachian History.


This version of a Carolina Lily spoke to me.  It is called The Murder Quilt.  The woman who made it and her husband were murdered in their home right after the quilt was given as a gift.

The pic of this crazy quilt does NOT do it justice!  The embroidery was phenomenal!


I'm showing you this banjo for a reason.  You will see why in a day or two.  The museum had some fascinating banjos.  This one is handcarved from one piece of wood.  It is all one piece.  See the little hole....somehow they were able to carve out the center through that little itsy bitsy hole!

Well, I am sooooo late!  Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I like the crazy quilt. Thank you for sharing the picture.....even if it was frustrating getting it onto your computer.