Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dog Days of Summer Early....and a Finish!

Sorry I have been neglecting you.  I have longarmed so many quilts in the past few days that my head is spinning!  I did, however, find time to bind one of my own that I got quilted earlier in the year.  I STILL intend to meet my UFO finish goal this year....it may not seem like it now, but I am confident I will!

So, when we went to yard crash the son and GF's yard, we took Bambino with us.  They have a fenced yard, and he loves to play with the grandpuppies.  We open the gate to their back yard, and he immediately jumped in their pool.  Now, I must tell you that I have been begging Hubs to buy Bambino a pool for years.  He wants one of those endless pools about 20 feet by 40 feet.....OK, so I want an endless pool, but I digress.  After he played in their pool all day, I finally had the Hubs convinced.  This pic is taken through the door...he is watching Daddy fill up his new pool.


Yup, he thinks this is just a big water bowl that you get in before you drink!  He is lapping it all up!


Have you ever taken a pic while running?  I did....we all know what dogs do after they get all wet.  I wasn't sticking around for the "shake".


So, here is my finish.  This was a shop hop quilt.  The premise was that we make a table topper with just one block and a lap quilt with a bunch of the blocks in smaller version.  I closed right before the shop hop, but the feedback from the customers I quilted for afterwards was 'interesting'.  I will probably still make the quilt with the smaller blocks, just because, but I'm thinking different colors.


A close-up.  Again....just used this quilt to 'play'.  Didn't really have a plan when I loaded it.


This is the back.  I haven't played with the picture software yet, so it is what it is.....


So, what big plans do you have for Memorial Day weekend?  We are staying home for some quilt drop offs and pick ups.  Hubs has some 'honey do' things to work on and I am going to quilt...quilt...quilt!

I have still been working on the Red/White log cabin blocks.  I won't bore you with pics of the same old, same old, but I'm whittling away at them.  Honestly, I don't think I will make it to King Size.  We may just have to settle for smaller......

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

claire witherspoon said...

I love the quilting and the top design! Those half square circle wreaths are great. I want to try that. thanks for the ispiration! cheers, Claire W.