Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yard Crashers

Yesterday morning changed EVERYTHING!  Remember I told you about Army Son and GF getting their first house?  Well, there isn't a spot in their landscaping that they like.  We decided that this coming Saturday, we would do their Yard Crashers.  Hubs and I will load up the rototiller and various gardening tools....making the trip in to see them.  We are going to pull out all of their bushes and completely re-do their landscaping--just like the TV show, "Yard Crashers".

Rather than looking for myself something yesterday, I went looking for something for them...a little surprise if you will.  Well.....I found it....not exactly.  I text his GF, "J".

Me:  So what do you think of a Tiki theme for the back deck?

J:  What??  What do you mean?

Me:  You know--like a Hawaiian island....wait, let me take pics and send them to you....

Don't you just love their grass skirts???

These guys were like four feet tall!


Can't you just picture it all?  There were signs....there were even smaller tiki guys that were solar-powered outdoor lights!  If you look real close, you can see they even had palm trees!  We could have soooo kept on theme and made a very unusual back deck.

But.....the world doesn't see things like I do.......

1 comment:

MooseStash Quilting said...

Personally I like it, but that is coming from someone who wants to build a huge outhouse with a deck in her backyard!!! :-)