Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I just couldn't do it.....


My girl is still in the garage!  Several fellas showed up with wads of cash....but not enough.  I told them I was firm on the price.....I came close once, but all I could think about was how disappointed my boys would be.  So, she is hanging out...waiting for me to get her started this Spring and take her out for a spin.

But, now for the fireworks up there....Hubs got a job!  He starts Monday with the same company where I work.  He will have to be out of town during the week and home on weekends, like I was, for a month or so....which means I can spend time on my longarms and in my sewing studio!!!!  Woot Woot!  He is trying to get a different room ready for the longarms and we will hopefully get them moved this weekend.  It will give me more room and we will go back to having a spare bedroom!  Considering the only sewing I have done this week has been to mend two pairs of pants, I am thrilled!

Well, I have a busy day at work today, so I need to get myself dressed and out the door.  Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Donna Becker said...

Gee. What a coincidence,huh? You couldn't get the price you wanted AND your Hubs got a job. Sounds like that little baby was meant to stay with you, at least for now!

MooseStash Quilting said...

Congrats on both ends of the spectrum. I was crying for you getting rid of your baby and trying to figure out just how I could get to the east coast to buy her myself. I know the weight of the world has to be off hubs shoulders with finding work. There is light at the end of the tunnel!! Yippee!

Merilyn said...

I am so pleased to hear your news!!! Firstly on the job front and secondly that you still have your baby!!! I just knew how hard it was to consider having to part with her!!!! I have a vintage car too, but a very modest one LOL! a 1970 Volkswagen Beetle, I am it's third owner and I've had her for 33 years. I've had it fully restored and only take her out on sunny days! I just couldn't part with her for love nor money, so when I read your last post it made my heart sink - What a relief for your family....... roll on summer aye! you have some fun driving ahead of you!!!