Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, December 26, 2011

Progress

Remember these blocks??  Well, I now have 86 of them!  The kids were here Christmas Eve Day, so they could honor commitments elsewhere for Christmas, so my gift to myself was a day in the sewing studio!  I truly enjoyed myself.  Yoga pants, old sweatshirt, fuzzy socks and a never-ending pot of tea.  (Don't tell anyone, but I didn't 'do' my hair OR put on make-up!)  I just sewed....and sewed...and sewed...it was
A W E S O M E ! ! !

These strips are all gone!  If I want this quilt to fit my bed, I need 196 blocks!  So, I'm not even halfway done.  I need to cut more strips.  I'll try to cut them this week after work, and maybe...just maybe....I can get some more blocks made next weekend.  I do have some longarming to do, so that will have to be a priority, but I will certainly try!

When Hubs saw this arrangements of strips, he actually thought I had cut too many!  ROFL  Little did he know, this just got me to the 86 blocks!  Hopefully, I don't get bored with it and just turn it into a smaller quilt.  I love these blocks!  Julie sent me a pic of a quilt, that I am going to try to do.  I'll lay them out the same way and see if I get the same umph (is that even a word??) from the blocks as the quilt in the pic she sent.  I refuse to let this one become a UFO! 

Remember Kim's challenge?  Well, I have one more quilt that is almost quilted and will need bound this week, and I will have another UFO done.  I will continue next year working on getting them all quilted and bound.  I'm not upset with myself that I didn't get to my goal...I think I will almost be halfway through it, honestly.  I'm just thrilled that I got as many done as I did!

Most of the girls enjoyed the gifties.  One of them said she didn't have a table to put one on...really?  No table....oh well....but I do need to make another one of these.....

Reptile Son's girlfriend really liked it.  She was the one I had in mind when I made it.  Some of you know her from when she worked at the shop.  She wanted it, but one of the step-daughters just painted her dining room in this color and nabbed it right away.  I was glad she found one that she liked.  So, I will just work on training the hubs on the longarm some more, and have him make another this week.  He can bind it while I bind the UFO....hmmm....doesn't really sound like I am the one making it afterall!  LOL

Well, I need to get ready for work.  Have a blessed day!  Don't forget the sale over at the website....


Blessings.....


1 comment:

Deb said...

I'm glad most of the girls liked your present. You do such beautiful work! Deb