Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pajama Party...

So, last night our online prim group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/purelyprimitivetoo/ had a pajama party.  Ladies worked on everything from hand-embroidery to piecing to making wool pins.  I didn't get home until late, so I just finished up my Red-White-Blue Star quilt.  Finally put borders on it.  I'm not entirely happy with it, but I was ready to move on.  It must just be the funk I am in with Prodigal Son leaving.

There is a glaring mistake in it.  It isn't the border I wanted, and I didn't get the effect I wanted from the stripe.  But, it is now a flimsy and I can move on.  I will quilt it, shrink it to look old and cuddle with it as soon as I get it quilted.

It was fun doing the pj party.  Everyone posted updates on what they were doing, and it made us all take time for ourselves to do something we enjoy.  So, I would call it a success.

After my massage today, I have longarming to do.  I'm hoping the massage helps me get rid of the pounding headache I have from bawling my eyeballs out.  It's all good, and I'll be fine.....just the baby bird has flown the nest.

Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Judee said...

Cynthhia, it is wonderful! I love the border fabric. I know you are thrilled it is done.

Judee said...

It's beautiful Cynthia. I love the border fabric. I know you are so happy to have the top finished.....good for you. Hugs, Judee

Julie S said...

It is beautiful Cynthia. And I think it looks great with that border fabric. But I don't see the glaring mistake.... can you please share?

Donna said...

Neither do I, see a "glaring mistake". Looks very vintage and just perfect to me! I liked that you used directional fabric and it turned out very lively for the eye!