Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, November 25, 2011

Devastating....

Today's post is more on a personal level.  I'll post something quilty for you tomorrow.  I just need to vent.  I've heard that if you write something out (OK, so they say a hateful e-mail--you just compose and after you have gotten it all off your chest, you delete....) it will make you feel all better.

As many of you know, it has been quite the journey to get Prodigal Son on the right path.  We got him through school and he got himself an awesome job in Wyoming.  He, and we, are proud of his efforts.  Wednesday morning he awakened to his friend (the one that drove the two of them out there--this is VERY important to the story) telling him that he was loading up and going home.  Say What??!!!  Prodigal Son had to chose on whether to be stranded in Wyoming or load up and come home.  He had no car with him and no way to go back and forth to work.  So, they are in the process of driving home now.  :*(  He is so upset and worried that we will be disappointed in him, which I don't understand because it is NOT his fault.

He doesn't know that we know.  He has been burning up the phone lines trying to find a job by phone before he gets home.  I could cry.  If only you could see the text messages he has been sending back and forth with Hubs.....he was going to get us a trip to Cayman to show us how much he appreciated everything we had done....really felt a sense of accomplishment when he got that first check....got his first holiday ham (OK, that one was cute)....  I just feel so bad for him.  I would say I could kill his friend, but then you would all have it in writing!  <>

So, why does his friend want to come home, you ask?  His parents (he is a few years older than Prodigal Son) paid for his schooling.  He can go to work for the family business and not have to WORK AS HARD!  He used Wyoming to get them to pay him what he wanted.  So, basically, he finally got to leave Ohio and see something else on his parent's dime.

I am still so incredibly proud of Prodigal Son.  I am not disappointed in him.  I am proud of how hard he works and isn't afraid to do the hard work to get what he wants in life.  He HAS turned it around, and for that I am elated!

Thank you for letting me vent.  Now, you all need to get on your knees and pray that I am not home when they pull in the driveway!  I won't be able to keep from going spazoid on the friend...

3 comments:

pcflamingo said...

The good Lord will give you the strength to hug Prodigal Son and tell him how glad you are to see him, give "friend" the Stink Eye and turn your back on him. That's all he deserves.

Deb said...

My heart goes out to you. As much as we wish our children won't ever have to face adversity, it's in those times when they find out what they truly are capable of.

MooseStash Quilting said...

What a shame. I struggle with ethics of people in todays world. It seems that the self satisfaction of a good days work is just not there anymore. Eveyone wants a hand out and not have to work (hard). Sounds like his friend is one of them!!!
If there is one thing in this world I do truly believe in, it's that things happen for a reason. We might not "get" just what that reason is right now, but it will be for the best down the road. Keep the faith, and don't kill the kid, he's probably not worth it! :-)