Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

As Promised....

So, here's a pic of my Red/White (really creamy not white) project in the works....

I'm working on cutting out more strips tonight.  These are all 1 1/2" strips.  I added other Jo Morton reds/creams to the Variety line for more.....Variety!  Oh, I'm just too funny with the puns!  Some of my reds have more blue, some have more of a rusty feel....but you need those variations for interest.  I knew if I just kept on with the Variety line, I would get bored and my quilt wouldn't be as big as I wanted.

Hubs thinks I should just make a throw.  When I chose the old traditional look of the log cabin block, I had originally thought about a throw for the living room couch.  But, how beautiful would it be if I had the wherewithall to make a hundred or two of these?  And, I really need to figure out how to set them.  I forget if there are 17 or 21 different ways to set a log cabin block, so I am definitely open for suggestions.  I do remember that I love the barn-raising setting for them.  Remember when you give me your suggestions....I am OCD, so it has to be symmetrical.  (That's why the Red White Blue Stars mistake is glaring at me!)


So, here are my lame 24 blocks.  For someone who works full-time, I guess I shouldn't be hard on myself.  Plus, I am still longarming for customers.  This is the result of two nights...OK, I can cut myself a break!  I have tonight and tomorrow night to work on it, then it will just have to wait until next week.  Too much longarming, too little time!  But, I enjoy the longarming just as much, so it's an OK trade!

Now....for the giveaway.  Here are the 'rules'
1.  You must be a follower on my blog  To be a follower, you click on the link on the top right of the page.
2.  You must offer me a setting suggestion
3.  You have until Saturday night at midnight (my time)

I will randomly draw the winner....check to make sure you are a rule follower....and post the winner on Sunday morning.  With any luck, I will have your prize in the mail to you Monday morning! 

So, what do I win, you ask....a new car?  $100,000?  a tropical vacation for two?  Nope!  You will win a charm pack of the Variety line by Jo Morton.  I will also throw in a Schnibbles pattern.  Do keep in mind that the Schnibbles patterns always require more than one charm pack, so you will have to supplement from your stash!

Good Luck!

9 comments:

Sue said...

Well I have been following your blog for quite some time.

I love the Barn raising, but my suggestion would be streak of lightning. I think that's a variation. Anyway, it looks like a zigzag stitch! LOL

Okay, I think I've followed the rules and would love to be entered in your giveaway!

I really do love those colors you are using for your log cabin. Love Jo Morton.

Julie S said...

Your reds are gorgeous, Cynthia. You certainly are ambitious. I've wanted to make a log cabin for years, but still haven't. I saw a setting lately that I thought was stunning -- called Starburst. I'll send a photo to your regular email. - Julie

Mary said...

I like the setting where the blocks form pinwheels. I also think your colors look very pretty and are going to look good in whatever setting you choose.

MooseStash Quilting said...

Of course I follow, you had me hooked a long time ago. I am thinking that if the blue in the quilt blocks bother you, use a navy sashing of some kind. It would give it that patriotic look and those stars might just disappear into the quilt. That's my humble opinion and I'm stickin to it! :-)

Karen said...

Oh, a red & white log cabin. Good choice!

Deb said...

I'm a follower!

I like the setting that Eleanor Burns does in her Bears in the Woods books. The center is made with all log cabin blocks. I'm sure it has a name (I just don't know it), but it's like a star. Red and white would be lovely!

Sandra Henderson said...

Diamond thingy majigger....dont koe wjat its called, but makes radiaying diamonds. I had ni idea of giveaway and just popping in o say hey. Xo

Donna Becker said...

LOVE this color combo! BTW, how's the new job going?

Sheila said...

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I'll bet most people have no idea how much work goes into making a quilt and even fewer have any idea of how much fun it is.I love your colour combination as it is a personal favourite. Thanks so much.