Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lo siento....

Probably not the correct spelling, but it means I'm sorry in Spanish.  Between longarming myself into oblivion and being in a little bit of a 'funk', I have neglected my blog.

First, let's do the 'funk'.  I try to keep it positive, but I just have to vent.  About 1 1/2 years ago, we found the PERFECT building for the shop.  We made an offer, which had to go in front of the trustee (an attorney) and he never accepted.  The building went up for sheriff's sale, and we sent an agent to bid for us.  We didn't want to be emotional in bidding.  The building sold for half of what we told the agent he could bid, and I never could get a straight answer on why WE didn't get it.  I now know....and I am so upset I could scream.  The trustee (the attorney) bought the building.  He is the trustee listed for 90% of the properties listed on the sheriff's sale site.  He now owns a bunch of buildings in the downtown and a lot of other real estate properties.  He owns the property adjacent to the building and wanted to control what went in.  Really?  If that isn't a conflict of interest, I don't know what is.  He has the inside scoop on what is going up and buys what he wants at the sales!  He actually offered to rent me half of the building!  You have to be kidding me!  I'm just getting myself worked up again, so I need to move on.  Here I thought hubs was being synical about it all....and the 'girls' and I thought something was fishy....and it WAS!

Here is one of the quilts I did for H.  She made this as a wallhanging for herself using up a bunch of scraps.  She chose a Stars and Loops pantograph.


Enjoy your day!  I'm going to go make myself a nice strong cup of tea!  Allergies are starting to get to me....it's heck getting old! 

1 comment:

Sue said...

That's really too bad about the building and the way things worked out with it. It is quite frustrating, I am sure and especially since there really does seem to be a conflict of interest. I am amazed at times how things work. What has happened to good business ethics? I guess gone down the drain like so many other things.

I hope your day goes better.

That is a lovely little quilt and I really do like the quilting from the back of it. It's one I'm going to use on a baby quilt I'll be quilting later today:)

Blessings,
Sue