Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Going batty!

I apologize for the quality of today's pictures.  I just couldn't get good ones.  The light was shining through the window--the quilt was big---so here it is....


The orange squares with the spiders on them were 3-D pockets.  They had to be basted as I advanced each row.  I won't be doing that again!  I still learn something with every quilt.  I learned that basting these and watching the machine through the whole quilt to make sure the basting stitches don't catch on the hopping foot makes a girl a neurotic mess!  I wish I could have gotten a better pic, because this quilt is absolutely adoreable, bright and fun!

This is the back.  Isn't it the cutest Halloween fabric ever?  We chose a batty allover design, and you really can't tell with this pic, but it worked out very well.  There are bats in many of the prints.

Prodigal Son leaves for Wyoming tomorrow.  He has a job interview.  He graduates in 2 weeks and he has had sooooooo many phone calls from companies wanting him to come to work for them.  It has been a looooong road, and I am so very proud of him.  Have you ever realized that you really didn't think about something until someone asks you about it?  I've been so excited for him....arranged his flight for him....and then I overheard a conversation between Banker Daughter and Hubs last night.  She asked Hubs how I was doing with the fact that Prodigal would be moving so far away.  Say what????  I've been floating on the cloud that is him taking charge of his life and doing good things, that I haven't given a thought to the fact that he will be 1700-1800 miles away!!!

But, you know what?  I had a very intuitive customer tell me once (thanks Virginia)...isn't this what you prepare them for when you are raising them?  You don't prepare them to grow up, live at home and never see the world.  You prepare them to be a good person, have good values, love unconditionally, and grab life for what it has to offer.  Prodigal gets that more than the rest.  His motto has always been "No Regrets".  Sometimes that bothered me.  But, his personality....his life....I hope he does live it with No Regrets!

Have a good day!

1 comment:

MooseStash Quilting said...

What a great quilt. I love all the fun colors. I am sure it's a bit scary having your son move so far away. Mine is in Alaska, which is a 5 1/2 hr flight, or a 5, 13 hour day drive. Ask me how I know!!!
:-) It's hard to let them go, but the best thing that can happen for them. Just remember I live in Colorado, which is a stones throw away, so I can always keep tabs on him for ya!!! hahahahahahahaha