Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hubs took one for the team....

So, last Friday night I convinced Hubs to go to an Irish Pub for dinner.  I had stopped in to try to sell them food earlier in the day, and it looked like a really cool place.  They had the ornate wood bar, wood-planked walls and you could just feel the history inside.  I was just dieing to try them out.  We went over and, much to hubs' delight, they had 20 different beers on tap!  Dinner was I N C R E D I B L E ! ! !  We had their Fish N Chips.  They make their own beer batter, and we were not disappointed.  This is something, because we are usually pretty picky....being in the food business for so long.

Fast forward to last night...another account....I won't tell you where it was or the name because......there was another pub/bar-like eatery that I am also working on.  Hubs wanted something quick and asked if we could go back to the place we went on Friday.  "Nope, but I have another I am working on....are you game?"  Sure, he says.....    Oh heavens, where to start!  It was the absolute worse food I have had in a looooooooong time!  Some accounts are for selling, some are for eating!  We both were nauseous by the time we got home.  The french fries didn't even taste like potatoes (and it wasn't because the oil was dirty or needed changed).  The ketchup didn't even remotely taste like tomatoes.....the iced tea/lemonade drink I got was so watered down and the tea was instant....words just cannot describe how bad it was.  I didn't even eat my fries, green beans, salad or roll after the first few bites.  Bluck!  He gets a gold star for letting me put him through it....and he got a promise that I would take him back to the other place this weekend.  This is from the couple that doesn't eat out much!  ROFL

I did get a little more done on the Hometown Christmas quilt.  I basically have some more stitch-in-the-ditch to do in the bottom borders, then I have to quilt all of the borders and sashing, and it will be D O N E ! ! !  Whippee!!!!!







This block will make you crazy...making sure you got everything all stitched in the ditch......

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Kathryn D. Duke said...

just L O V E this quilt!!!!!!