Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Alas, the Hometown Christmas quilt!

After loads of laundry, ironing, cleaning and cooking, I finally have time to update you on the Hometown Christmas Quilt!  She is all done and ready to go home with her Momma!


I tried to take the pics of the sashing and outer borders at an angle with the light so you could see the quilting.  Sashing has an edge to edge holly design.

This is the design of the outer border.  It has holly and berries, looped together.


This is the whole quilt.  If you want to see the quilting in the individual blocks, you will have to look at previous posts.

And, last, but not least, this is the back.  This puppy was huge, so I couldn't get the whole thing in the pic. 

Now, I am off to get some work done in preparation of my upcoming work week.  Got a little wrench thrown in, so I have to combine 5 days work into 4.  I now have a meeting out of town on Friday.  It will be a busy week for sure!

The step-daughters came over last night to watch the game.  We only ended up with 2 of the 3 because 2 of them started fussing.  Oh, the drama of it all.  We watched out team lose...and I really mean lose....but, we had some great food.  I made Italian Wedding Soup, Italian Crusty Bread with Pesto, Buckeye Fudge & Homemade Chocolate Chunk Cookies.  I also bought some tortilla chips and we had the best green salsa imported from Mexico.  Mmmmmmm......

Have a great evening!  I will chat with you all tomorrow!  (I did catch up on some blogs this morning.  Wow, was it inspirational!)

1 comment:

Sue said...

What what a beautiful quilt and your quilting is just gorgeous! I am sure the owner is going to be very happy.