Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, August 21, 2011

True Confessions.....

I have never done a blind hem stitch before....there, I have said it out loud.  I got a chance yesterday to try one out.  Thank goodness a male customer had shown me how before I closed the shop....  I had on a pair of dress slacks last week.  There was a string hanging.  I knew better...but I pulled it.  The hem came out of my pants and I spent the entire day tripping over my long pants.  I did an absolutely perfect blind hem stitch.....the SECOND time around!  ROFL

I did spend the day in my sewing studio.....hemming pants, sewing on buttons, tacking a blouse so I didn't flash everyone who saw me, and making ANOTHER welding cap for Prodigal Son.  You have to know his personality to understand why he would love this monkey hat.  He loves to be different.  He certainly won't have to worry about anyone stealing this one!  LOL

I'll be working on the longarm today.  I'm quilting a Hometown Christmas quilt for a customer.  Between this weekend and next weekend, I hope to get it finished.  I'll be gone all week again, so.....my next true confession.

I got a JOB!  I was enjoying my time at home.  I was having a blast.  But, with all these extra mouths to feed around here, the groceries were killing us!  An old friend offered me a job, so I figured it was Divine Intervention.  I'm out of town during the week for training and home on weekends.  I didn't realize how much I missed it until everyone started calling and coming to see me....they are excited that I am back.  That is a great feeling.  I'm still doing the website....still doing some longarming....still keeping busy.  But, at least I feel like I am helping lighten the load for hubs.  :)  

We are still unsure about the whole moving thing.  If we do move, it won't be until Spring.  I do know that a perfect place came on the market two weeks ago, and I would have a separate building for the longarming and shop, so we will just have to keep praying about it and see what happens......

That being said....I will continue to offer 30% off Manufacturer's Suggested Retail price on all books and patterns through the website.  Just make sure to put it in the order comments.  Fabrics are already way under suggested retail.  Still have more coming in...Jo's Variety should be here soon.

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Love the welding cap!

Good luck on your new job and congratulations. It's a blessing to be offered a job in these tough times.