Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Well, that didn't work out so well....

The whole contagious disease thing was a wash, so I am a little bummed.  Glad to know I will still have 'responsibilities' if I contract some sort of traumatic infection.....ROFL  (If you don't understand what I am talking about, please read my previous post....)

Let me tell you how my day started.  Hubs comes into the bedroom this morning, and to his credit--he did have a cup of coffee for me in tow--but he starts fussing at me.  Really?  I'm still half asleep.  Guess that was a good thing, because frankly, I just tuned his nonsense out.  I'm not going to let him steal my joy before it is even awake!

So, I go into the kitchen to refresh the coffee.  Nephew had to be at work at 7, so I missed the coffee train...the pot is now empty!  Not going to let him steal my joy before it is even awake!  I made some tea.

I go out to the back terrace to take my little Bamikins out.  Prodigal Son is out there enjoying his cereal.  I say, "It is supposed to be even hotter today than yesterday, make sure you stay hydrated."  At which time he snaps at me "I KNOW--DO YOU THINK I AM STUPID?"  Ok, little fella, I'm sorry I worry.  (and I DID tell him I was sorry for caring and worrying...)  Not going to let him steal my joy before it is even awake!  I go back in the house.

Out of the four men living in this house, three of them have tried to steal my joy.  Here I sit, with an empty house, an empty coffee cup, an empty heart and nothing but time on my hands.  Know what I am going to do?  If you are guessing that I will head off to the sewing room, you are dead wrong!  After I take a shower, go to the post office, go to take the blouses back to the mall and go to Home Depot.....I am going to strip off all my clothes....run naked through the house....and pretend like I have finally lost it!  Then.....

I AM GOING TO STARCH ALL OF THEIR UNDERSHORTS!

How dare they try to steal my joy!

Well, I must move quickly.....I need to get all of this done before they get home!!!!!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Go for it, Girl. ;D

pcflamingo said...

Well, I somehow ended up on your blog after following links while avoiding some work...thought I was being all sneaky...until I read your blog and burst out laughing. I am so busted.