Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, July 11, 2011

My second post of the day....a funny conversation....

Two weeks ago, hubs bought something from the President of his Company and wrote a pretty big check out of our checking account.  I told him to grab the "black checkbook".  Saturday night, we missed a call on hubs cell phone from a bank we no longer do business with.  We kind of wondered all weekend why they were calling.....  This morning, I go to the bank to make a deposit and notice that the check HASN'T been cashed when she gives me the receipt.  As I'm going from the bank to the grocery store, I remember that the bank we no longer do business with ALSO has a black checkbook.  Surely, I didn't save it!  I call hubs from the grocery store...

Me:  So, how funny would it be if we bounced a check to Mr. President.

Hubs:  Not funny at all.....

Me:  I'm sorry you feel that way....

Hubs:  CYNTHIA......what have YOU done???

Me:  Well, I'm just wondering if YOU grabbed the wrong checkbook.

At this point hubs is hyperventilating and I'm pretty sure he is going to go into convulsions or stroke out on me....

Me:  I just went to the bank and Mr. President's check still hasn't cleared.

Hubs:   @#$%!!!!!  You need to go home right now and check.

So, I did my grocery shopping (no one tells ME what to do!!).  When I get home, I look at the duplicate checks and hubs DID write the check from the CORRECT black checkbook.  I don't know why the "other" bank called....but at least it afforded me the ability to keep hubs' blood pressure a little higher than normal!  :)

P.S.  DO NOT feel sorry for him!!!!  I should probably call him now and let him off the hook.  Afterall, it has been almost 3 hours.... 

2 comments:

Julie said...

Snicker!

Julie said...

Snicker!