Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Keystone Medallion

I did it!  I am at 20 finishes for the year!!!!  Woot Woot!!!!


This is my Keystone Medallion Quilt from Jo's Little Women's Club.  Again, it sadly hung in the shop all pieced but never quilted.  I have to say, I am so excited to have this one done.  Quilting really does bring them to life, and I have always loved this quilt.  I did stitch-in-the ditch for the entire center.  See the striped lines in the border?  I stitched along them every inch, which equated to every other line.  Using that star print from the center borders as binding really just finished it off.


Although this is not a new finish, I didn't have a photo of this quilt.  This is my Harvest Carpenter's Star.  When I was taking pics of the Keystone Medallion, I grabbed this one for a quick shot.  My little 'poser' decided he wanted to be in the pic, too, so I just HAD to put it on my blog today.  He is my bestest buddy....especially when I am throwing his ball or giving him a treat!  I love my Bamikins....really his name is Bambino, but I call him Bamikins when we are being all lovey-dovey.

I do have to tell you about a little conversation I had with the hubs this morning.

Hubs:  Do you want me to help you weed the garden this morning?

Me:  Nope

Hubs:  Do you want me to help you dig the fire pit this morning?

Me:  Nope

Hubs:  Well, what are you going to do today?

Me:  Nothing.  It is National All About Me Day.

Hubs:  I thought it was all about you every day....

Oh, no....he didn't!

At this point, I cannot further repeat the rest of the conversation due to the context of the comments made.  Afterward, Hubs went out to his garage to work.  I get to go to the sewing studio....

I WIN!!!!!!!

You see....sometimes you have to let them THINK they won!  :)  Back to National All About Me Day....tee hee hee!
Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

katie said...

Both of your quilts are great. I especially like the Jo Morton fabric one.
Congratulations on winning on the "all about me day."

Betweens said...

Happy National all about Me that sounds like a great plan!!
I love your quilts and the fabrics great to have a finish isn`t it. I also love your quilting buddy...lost mine this year and it is tough but have a couple independent cats (saved) still not the same in the lovey dovey department though.

MooseStash Quilting said...

Your kind of evil like me. I really like you!!! :-) Ask me about a conversation about drinking fully leaded coffee verses decaf... My hubby still hasn't figured out just how much he lost!!!!! :-O

MooseStash Quilting said...

Tried to email, but your a no-reply blogger! So here you go!

My hubby decided many years ago that I was just too bitchy and that it had to be all the coffee I was drinking. (He doesn't drink coffee) He went on to "suggest" (as he put it) that I switch to decaf and see if I would be nicer...

I finally figured out how to, one up him that day. I agreed to do so with a smile on my face, went to the store and bought decaf. Then I showed him for about he next month just how BITCHY, I could really be. I never let on that I was furious with him, but played his game. He finally decided that I should probably switch back to regular!!! :-)

I promptly adjusted my halo and made a pot of "real" coffee for myself!! hehehe

Evil, aren't I???

:-)

Merilyn said...

Wonderful finishes! I do love the Keystone Medallion quilt, just a gorgeous line of fabrics!!! Bamikins is one sweet dog!!!!