Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Hurrah!

Remember these?  I had originally picked a pattern that needed 15 of these stars.  I knew I wasn't going to follow the pattern (I rarely do).  The little stars were pretty addicting.....


and now.....they look like THIS!  :)  I was so incredibly proud of how many I had done until I took the pic.  It's STILL not big enough!  There are 36 here, and yesterday I cut out enough for a total of 56.  I got a few finished and there are more in various stages of completion.  I think I may need more!

This is NOT the way they are going to be laid out.  I'm still toying with the design.  I don't know if I want to sash, add alternate blocks, or make a center medallion.  I don't think I want to sash.  If I do add alternate blocks, do I make them scrappy?  What color?  Oy!  I really should decide what I am doing before I make too many....what do you think? 

Sadly, this is the only quilty thing I got done over the entire weekend!  But, I did get to spend lots of quality time with the family, so it's all good!

Coffeemaker update:  I STILL have NOT bought a coffeemaker.  I bought a little time but telling hubs that I need to research a little more...and based on some purchases we have made in the last few weeks, I think we should wait.  *wink wink*  I do know I need to get one purchased before my birthday, or it could be catastrophic!

Have a blessed day!  Mine is a busy one!

1 comment:

Merilyn said...

Your star blocks are just gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see what layout you eventually decide to use!!