Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, July 18, 2011

Blogger

I was relieved this morning to see that I wasn't the ONLY one experiencing problems with blogger yesterday.  It wouldn't let me post.  Today, it won't let me upload pics.  I will try again in a few hours...but for now, I will tell you a little about my weekend/day.  :)

First of all, I have determined that Bambino is an 'opportunist'.  Like most large dogs, he sources water anywhere he can.  If I am watering flowers, he feels the need to make sure there are no puddles left on the concrete.  I have caught him sneaking water out of my fountain outside.  Understandable enough, right?  And, like some dogs, he has now discovered that water in the powder rooms is cold.  Ugh!  We have started making sure all the lids are down so that he isn't giving me cooties.  Well, guess what I caught him doing....yup....he has learned to lift BOTH the lid and the seat!  We are now closing powder room doors....bluck!

Have you been shopping lately??  I don't like to 'shop'.  I am not a mall muffin.  If I need something, I go in and get it done.....  Well, I needed some summer blouses.  With all of the sales going on, I decided I would bite the bullet and go shopping.  I don't wear a lot of wild prints.  I don't like ruffles or things dangling from my lady parts.  I am NOT auditioning to be a streetwalker.  Yet, all of the "modern" clothes either don't have sleeves, are too wild for my taste or are too low-cut or clingy to my lady parts.  If I can find something in somewhat of a solid color, it is so see-through that you would think I AM a streetwalker.  Three malls, and even the trusted Kohl's yielded not so many blouses.  I can't wait until we all become traditional dressers together again.  I'm guessing everything is so revealing to show off the world's newly adopted tattoo fetish.  Maybe I could get the metal chicken tattooed somewhere so that someone will see it and decide we all need to start covering up again!  I'm just sayin......

Now, for something you don't get from me often - a movie review.  We rented Mathew McConahay's movie "Lincoln Lawyer" last night.  It is a drama.  It is the best movie I have seen in a while!  It didn't hurt that I think he is eye-candy anyway, but if you get the opportunity, you should check it out.

Here is the movie trailer.  It is quite suspenseful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZkWlnlrk5lE


Yesterday, for whatever reason, hubs was in a "things I can do to make the wife feel better mood".  He glued, welded, screwed, nailed and worked on some serious honey-do projects.  Are you ready for this?  He went to the grocery for me!  Woot Woot!  I hate grocery shopping.  When he got home, he COOKED DINNER!  Either he has done something really BAD, or I just had the best Sunday in a long time...just because!

Either way, I am truly counting my blessings this morning.  Worked in the garden this morning and felt that inner peace it gives me.  Thank you all for your prayers.  I have accepted my role in the roller coaster we have going on right now.  More on that another time.  If you are one who believes in prayer, just keep us on your list!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Connie said...

I'm with you re fashion ... or lack thereof. I keep wondering who is responsible for all these horrible clothes the stores have on the racks. Maybe it's just me, but most clothing (casual and everyday wear) looks used. I call it the messy look. It never occurred to me that the tattoo fad enters into the designs but it makes good sense.
I too have a great hubby who helps with kitchen duty, a lot.