Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Humor

I chuckled on and off all day yesterday thinking about the blog post I shared with you.  She writes a humorous column for a Houston paper and I think it is awesome that she doesn't take herself too seriously.  Going back through some of the posts, she is a real person with real problems--she battles with anxiety.  It really made me reflect....people used to tell me how funny I was all the time.  My kids are funny.  So, what happened?  I think life got in the way and I started taking everything way too seriously.  Everyone has issues they deal with on a daily basis.  How we deal with those issues really affects our happiness.  As I have been on my little hiatus, I am starting to rekindle my joy.  I know it sounds cliche, but I have been enjoying little things more.  i.e.  birds singing, smelling fresh air, running my fingers through soil.  I hope I can hold onto this happiness I am experiencing right now....

Here are the quilts I have been working on with the longarms.....I'm enjoying watching them come to life.  The Hunter's Star was hand-pieced, so I'm definitely seeing an awesome stencil in the alternate blocks.  I'm toying with whether to use varigated thread.  Part of me sees it as really *popping*, but I don't want to take away from the piecing....  what do YOU think?  BTW, these Hunter's Star blocks are 4".



The Civil War Tribute Quilt is one I have also *ahem* started. It has really kicked me in the keister to get it back out. I put it away when I started hearing the horror stories of all of the mistakes. It is a HUGE quilt, but just look how stunning hers turned out!!!







We are off to see the kids today, since we were out of town for Father's Day.  I can only imagine what kind of surprise they have going....wish me luck!

Blessings

1 comment:

Merilyn said...

I didn't go to the link when I first read your previous post, it had something to do with the bad language thingy, so I skipped it! Anyhow your current post peaked my interest, so off I went obediently and followed the link!
That is one awesome story! and I just nearly laughed myself right off my chair!!!! Victor is one lucky man to have a wife with such a great sense of the ridiculous!!!
As an Aussie I can really appreciate this kind of humour!!! It has made my day!!!!
Yes I agree we all take ourselves way to seriously sometimes, but humour is the best remedy in most situations, really takes the heat out of someone who is 'pissed off'!!!!LOL when they probably really don't want to be!!!!
Now to more earthly concerns! re: your quilt with the small star blocks, I probably would not use a variegated thread in the quilting motif of the alternate blocks, I think it would be too distracting, but stick to a thread close in colour to the fabric. Those little stars need to shine all on their own!!! JMHO!!!