Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cheesecake for Breakfast...Oh, and some applique....

I have given Martha Stewart a run for her money this week.  I've baked a Fruits of the Forest Pie (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries with a streusel topping), peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies, oatmeal scotchies, Rice Krispie treats...and yesterday--a cheesecake.  Prodigal Son was supposed to go over to a fella's house for 'dinner' and I've always taught them to never go empty-handed, thus, the cheesecake.  As I licked the beater bar from the mixer, all I could think about was sitting in a corner with a fork and devouring the entire cheesecake.  You see, all those cookies, etc. were for the fellas to pack in their lunches and really had no appeal to me.  But, cheesecake....well let's just say it is one of my faves!  To make a long story short, Prodigal Son's car died and he didn't go to the dinner....fast forward to the cheesecake.

I opened the refrigerator door this morning, and there she sat--in all her marbled-with-chocolate beauty!  Resist!  The angel on my left shoulder cried.  EAT!  The devil on my left shoulder cried--afterall, it has everything in it you would get from breakfast cereal with yogurt!  (That's what I usually eat--Kashi with vanilla yogurt.)  So, here I sit with a fork in my hand, gorging myself with the sweet creamy goodness that is/was an untouched cheesecake!

There is a quilt, a Christmas Quilt, that I have been wanting to finish for *ahem* three years.  It is hand-applique, so I really didn't have time to work on it when I had the shop.  I got the box out yesterday, and will keep the blocks near the TV, so when I get snookered into watching Pawn Stars or American Pickers, I won't feel guilty about just sitting there.



This weekend, I hope to cut out more pieces and get them 'ready'.

Blogger isn't cooperating with me very well today, so I think I will sign off until tomorrow....

Blessings

1 comment:

Vivian said...

I'm a sucker for cheesecake as well, and when I'm eating something "questionable" for breakfast, I always think back to an old Bill Cosby routine where he gave his kids chocolate cake for breakfast, cuz it had eggs, milk, flour, etc. Any reasoning like that works for me.

Your Christmas applique blocks are lovely. Very festive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog with my tumbler and the "breen" dividing strips. I wasn't able to reply to you directly, as you're set for "no reply" with your e-mail address hidden. At least I can communicate with you here and I get to see some wonderful inspiration.