Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Rainy Day Garden Stroll....

Yesterday was another rainy day here in the Midwest.  My ark is completed, now to gather pairs of animals!  I had a bit of an upset stomach, and just wasn't 'into' anything.  I did a few chores around the house and decided I would just go clean my sewing room.  I mean, if all else fails....there's that!  It needed it.  Scraps from several projects laying around were discouraging me from starting anything else.  Then, my Garden Stroll quilt reared it's ugly head.  It was laid out on the pressing table and I got tired of moving it around, so I grabbed it up and decided "Today's the Day!"

Remember these?


This is them now.  This quilt is called Garden Stroll by Whimsicals.  Wool applique, combined with regular cotton fabrics for piecing.  I need for the quilting to give it some 'life', so I think I'm just going to hang it up in the studio until it speaks to me.  I had quilted this same quilt for a friend a few years ago, and it was on my bucket list.  Now, it is off the bucket list and is a flimsie!  :)  It felt good to finish something for 'me' that I had been wanting to do......


I also finished this little onesie.  :)  Isn't it precious?  Army Son's significant other has a best friend due to deliver next month.  We talked about a quilt, but she figured her friend would be getting lots of blankies for the baby and she wanted to do something unique.  Years ago, I taught her how to lockerhook, so she is lockerhooking a rug for the baby's room in pink and chocolate brown.  The theme is birds.  She grabbed this adoreable onesie and asked me to embroider a bird and the little angel's name.  The letters are in chocolate brown.

The bird design came from http://www.emblibrary.com/  They are one of my favorite places to get embroidery designs.

So, as you can see.....I didn't get much done yesterday, but I got a lot done.  Still feeling a little queezy today, so who knows what kind of trouble I will get into!

Don't forget about the Memorial Day Sale on books:  http://www.quiltweb.net/  Mention the blog in the comments section for 25% off manufacturer's suggested retail price.

Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

love the quilt!! I love getting embroidery designs form embroidery library as well. Just got some of the baby stuff that was on sale. Can't wait to see how you quilt this one!

Karen said...

Your applique quilt is so pretty! I love doing wool applique. So easy and quick to do.

Merilyn said...

Well done for getting your quilt top completed despite you feeling under the weather!! The little embroidery is very cute!!!

essenzadifilo said...

Your quilt is beautiful, you're talented