Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, May 13, 2011

Liberty Celebration

As you recall from this post:  http://appalachianquilts.blogspot.com/2011/02/accountability.html I am trying to get some of these quilts done this year and am participating in a challenge with Kim from Kim's Big Quilting Adventure.  She put out a challenge to finish 11 quilts in 2011.  My goal is a little loftier, but I have a TON more UFOs than most.

I'm also in a Yahoo! group that has put out a challenge for a Red-White-Blue quilt finish of your choosing before May 27.

Sooooo....to kill two birds with one stone, I finished this:

This quilt is called Liberty Celebration and is from Pat Sloan's book Quilt the Seasons.  I have the binding sewn on and a few binding clips on.  Hubs ordered Little Fockers from Netflix and I figured I can get it done while I watch the movie!  :)  I used a scrap I had of Dream Puff batting.  I'm not a puffy kinda gal (unless I'm looking in the mirror) unless it is with an allover larger quilt, so, you guessed it....not real happy with the way this one turned out.  As a matter of fact, I'm just about sick over it.  But, done is done and unless I am so unhappy that I want to get out my seam ripper....it is staying the way it is!  Number 17 UFO is DONE!

Now, for some fun....one of the welder fellas here at home made me this for Mother's Day!  It is a metal rose.  The cool thing is that this is made with a metal medicine cabinet we were throwing away after the remodel!


This is a close-up of the center.  Isn't this just the coolest?  These metal roses have somewhat become a signature item for him and I think he made his Momma and girlfriend some, too.  Awwwwww......


Now for a bit of news on the 'personal' front.  Hubs and are NOT going to list our house until NEXT Spring, if then!  :)  I am doing one happy dance, let me tell ya.  So, now I can start taking custom longarming again, in addition to the allovers.  I had quit taking them because I was backed up and was worried I wouldn't be able to honor the time commitments if our house sold.  Woo Hoo!

Have a great weekend.  Hopefully, Blogger has their 'issues' worked out and all of your favorite blogs will be updated soon!

1 comment:

Pam Geisel - For Quilts Sake said...

I love that rose! I also noticed the building you were interested in is for sale again...?