Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, April 02, 2011

Rowdy Rippers

When I look at this quilt, I don't try to remember the pattern name, what fabrics I used or what I intended to make it for.  I see the Rowdy Rippers.  We had a beginning quilting class that coined the name Rowdy Rippers.  They earned it.  :)  We met once per month for around 2 years.  We started out with the basic beginning quilting classes, then it turned into "we want to learn to do this....teach us to do that...."  For me, it was a great excuse to keep spending time with this awesome group of students. 

We had one gentleman in the class, and bless his heart, he sat smiling through discussions ranging from PMS to hormones.  He sat through heaters and air conditioners being turned up and down because of hot flashes.  He sat through being called V's hubs, because he always helped her carry things and pick out fabric.

This class was also a great excuse to EAT.  We had many potlucks and way too much food over those 2 years.

Before I had a shop, I was a class 'snob'.  I only took classes for techniques I had not learned or because it served a useful purpose.  It never dawned on me that taking a class is also just good for the soul and a great way to make many new friends.  I miss my Rowdy Rippers.  I miss our Midnight Mysteries....I just miss our classes!  I don't even think about how harried I was trying to get everything done in time for the classes anymore....I just think about how much I miss my students!

So, if any of my Rowdy Rippers are reading---I MISS YOU!!!!!!

The wind was blowing when we took this pic.....it really isn't that wonky!  LOL

P.S.  This is UFO finish number 14 this year!  Woo Hoo!
Blessings.....

3 comments:

Sue said...

Awww. That's a great quilt and it is nice to get together with other quilters and enjoy one another's company:)

Merilyn said...

Your UFO completion score is to be commended!!! I have to agree being part of a small quilting group is about the fun, companionship and shared interest, of course the quilts and projects are an added bonus!!!!

Appalachian Quilts said...

Thanks, ladies. I'm slowly getting through them all. It's good to have binding to do while I am stuck in front of the TV with hubs suffering through the science channel and history channel! LOL