Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Just a quick check-in....

I know I usually show you pics, but I have been busier than a one-armed paperhanger!  I've been longarming my little fingers to the bone.  Had 5 quilts picked up by customers today and don't you know I didn't get a single pic??  Soooo sorry!

I have MORE company.  An 'adopted' Army son is here visiting.  He is on his way from Korea to Kansas.  I feel like I am in some sort of laundry ministry.  His Momma didn't do his laundry, so.....you guessed it....more laundry for me!  I've done seven loads today!!!!  Took him to a vintage guitar store to occupy him while Prodigal Son was at school and spent some time letting him serenade me and play on his guitar. 

Tomorrow, my life gets back to normal.  Hopefully, I can get back on a normal sleep pattern and get this old body settled down.  Ever get all messed up like that?  Can't sleep at night....so you take a nap during the day....go to bed at 10....wake up at 4......need another nap.....can't get out of the vicious cycle!  Ugh!

Hopefully, I will get some pics on here for you tomorrow!

Blessings

3 comments:

Sandra Henderson said...

Gorgeous quilts! Im happy to have found your lovely blog via Sue's... Xo

Donna Becker said...

Boy, I'm with you on the sleep problem. One thing that helps me is taking melatonin, a supplement you can find in grocery and health food stores. If you're on other meds, check with your doctor before you start. But it's helped me.
Nothing worse than trying to function while in a not-enough-regular-good-sleep fog!

Appalachian Quilts said...

Thanks Sandra! I just looked at your blog and I am jealous!

I am going to have to try the melatonin, Donna. I don't take 'medicine', but do take supplements.