Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, April 10, 2011

All in a Row

The good news....All in a Row is now a flimsie!  Woot!  Woot!  This quilt has been mostly pieced for months.  The original plan for the border was to use a border print from the same fabric line and miter the corners, leaving out the cornerstones.  We didn't cut enough of the border print to make this happen, so it sat undone with the top and bottom borders on until I decided whether I wanted to 'waste' the fabric and cut new...or follow the pattern.

Well, that's what I did.  I frog-stitched off the original border, folded it up for later, and finished according to the pattern.  The pattern came from Kim Diehl's book Simple Seasons.  This book has patterns for 12 throw-sized quilts.  The fabric line is Old Primrose Inn.

(Sorry it was a tad windy when I was trying to get the pic.)

The bad news.....now I have another flimsie for the "to be quilted" pile.  But, in my opinion, that really isn't bad news at all.  Another UFO has been completed and I feel great!  :)  Since I have been getting a lot of them done, it isn't quite as painful!  LOL

Did you get anything fun done this weekend?  I would love to hear from you---it motivates me! 

Blessings

11 comments:

Deborah said...

great way to use those 9 nine patches

simonepatch said...

Ficou maravilhoso.As cores combinaram muito bem e ficou um trabalho bonito e delicado.Parabens!
simone.poa

www.simonert.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Well, I love Kim Diehl and I love this quilt. Always love the churndash.
Your fabrics are a great choice too!

Vivian said...

Pretty, pretty quilt. Kim Diehl has some wonderful patterns, and the fabrics you used look so sweet in this one. I think I own three of her books.
Unfortunately, I haven't made any of her quilts yet. Too many things on my bucket list.


PS and FYI -- thanks for visiting my blog. I couldn't reply directly to you cuz you're set as "no reply" in your settings. Your e-mail address is hidden. If you get into your dashboard and check "show e-mail address" and then save it, (I think that's it--I'm doing this from memory), then we can reply directly to your comments.

Merilyn said...

Very nice quilt top (I love your term for them 'flimsy')!! Churndash with a nine-patch, nice idea!!!
This weekend I sewed on the label of a quilt I finished late last week, it was only a 7 year old UFO, whoo! hoo!, I think inspiration goes both ways LOL!!!

Appalachian Quilts said...

I didn't know that about my settings....I'll go 'try' to fix it! LOL

June Dodge said...

Nice to have it ready to quilt - you do have back prepared too, right?

: )

Appalachian Quilts said...

You are correct, June. The back, quilt and binding are hanging together in line to be quilted! That way I don't lose any of my parts....

Have a great day!!!

Donna Becker said...

I hate to be dumb, but what's a "flimsie"?

Appalachian Quilts said...

Donna....a flimsie is a quilt that is completely pieced, but needs quilted. I tried to send you a private e-mail, but there isn't one on your blog or profile. Sorry! Hope you get this....

Blessings..

Donna Becker said...

Ah! A 'flimsie" is basically just the quilt top! Got it! Hey, I learn something every day (if I'm paying attention). Thanks!