Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Zen of Ten....

First of all, I would like to apologize....I've been trying to post every day (except Sunday).  We have several obstacles this week, and I'm working through them now.  The first obstacle was my computer.  My monitor started making hot sparky noises then just up and died on me.  My post this morning is coming to you live from one of the shop computers, which are both on their last leg!  I have three computers and not one good one between them!  I foresee a laptop in my future.....

Secondly, my camera was missing in action.  She tried to hide, but has been found....

And third....I now have an entire house full of men.  Most of my followers know that I had the hubs, Prodigal Son and Friend's Son while the two boys go to school.  Now, I have my Forty-Something Nephew while he gets back on his feet.  Hubs' gentle nudging will get him back on track.  (Trust me, you don't want hubs nagging you....he is worse than any woman you have ever met!  LOL)  Regardless, I see myself getting to spend much time hiding *ahem*, I mean sewing, in my sewing room!

Back to my Zen...  You all know that I am on a quest to get through these UFOs that have been accummulating over the 8-year course that was a shop.  Well, happily, I have finished quilting number 10!  I assure you it will be bound by Friday, because I just cannot stand to sit and watch TV.  I must be doing something! 

So, here is my tenth finished UFO.   Most of the fabrics were from April Cornell's Portugal line.  The pattern is out of the book Easy Living Quilts by Thimbleberries.  Sorry the pic isn't the greatest, but hubs was stretched out as far as his little arms would reach!  If you are looking for a quick quilt to make, this is the one!  I think that stripe just made it!

There is a special feeling I get from the tenth finished project.  It sounds like a big number and makes me feel like I am getting there!  How is that for motivation??

Well, I need to go longarm.  The fellas are almost all out the door and I have a kitchen to clean again...do they really need to eat breakfast??? 

Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Merilyn said...

That's quite an acheivement to have completed 10 UFO's!!! I'd be feeling very pleased with myself LOL! Well done!!!

Appalachian Quilts said...

Thanks Merilyn! It feels AWESOME! Wait until you see today's post! I'm rockin and rollin! :)