Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, March 17, 2011

So, what's next?

Here is what I have been working on now.  I'm averaging a block a day.  This is a Whimsicals project I had stuck back after longarming the wallhanging for a customer.  The book has since gone out of print.  I looked high and low and found the one I had stuck back for myself.  *whew*

I have to make nine of these blocks.  It's a great way to use up scraps.  They don't go together like this, but, now that I am looking at the pic, I can see possibilities of making a block that looks like this!  (You have to picture it with the blocks turned a tad differently!  LOL)  There will be no time in the sewing room today...I may, however, prepare some of the applique pieces for this project if I can sneak away.

Hubs has taken off the rest of the week and Monday thru Wednesday of next week to finish gutting the laundry room and get that remodel under control so we can finally list our house.  I just love this house, and I am not looking forward to moving again.  :(

Blessings...

4 comments:

Sue said...

Those blocks are beautiful and I love the fabrics. They do look good the way they are placed together too!

We have moved so many times that I know what you mean about not looking forward to it. Are you moving out of your state?

Be blessed today:)

Appalachian Quilts said...

Thanks. I ended up referring to the pic of the quilt on how to put them together. I must have been having a brain 'fart' because their instructions made no sense to me.

We aren't moving out of state, just across the state. But, we will be moving the shop and the house....we have accummulated so much stuff over the years that it is brutal! LOL

Blessings

jennifer said...

Pretty

Merilyn said...

Wow! you are so productive, love your blocks!!! I'm curious as to the layout, will have keep an eye out!!! The thought of packing up and moving leaves me quivering, I don't think I could stand it LOL!!!
Good luck!