Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, March 18, 2011

Sanctuary

Customer J is in the process of making quilts for all of her nieces.  This quilt she brought in is from a Michael Miller line called Sanctuary.  I love the teals in it.  This quilt has such a calming feel to it, don't ya think?  I think she said this was one of the Turning Twenty patterns, but don't hold me to it!



 This is a close-up of the quilting.  She just wanted a quick allover, so I used one called Retro Flower.  The flowers were the same shape as some of the flowers in the quilt and the swirls matched the swirl fabric, so it was just perfect!  :)


This is the back.  Sorry these are a little dark, but it is getting ready to rain here and it was hard to get good light.

Spent part of the day yesterday frog-stitching (Rippit Rippit) another quilt, and then I snuck to my sewing studio last night while the guys watched basketball.  I forget what lame excuse I used, but whatever it was, it worked!  I hadn't gotten to sew yesterday morning because we had too many orders and other things going on here....so....tee hee hee....off I went! 

Nephew had a lot of laundry, so in addition to my daily chores and my 'work', I did FIVE loads of laundry!!!!  Phew!  Today, I think there are another FIVE!  I'm not complaining, but I'll sure be glad when it is all done.  Having four men to take care of is even more work that I thought!

Well, I'm not getting anything done talking to you.  Enjoy this beautiful weather...and I will see you tomorrow!

Blessings

3 comments:

Sue said...

That quilt does have a calmness to it. Your quilting is beautiful. It looks as though it is hand quilted in spots. How do you get it look that way. Monofilament in the bobbin?

Appalachian Quilts said...

It is probably the lighting. I use the same color on the back that I use on the top.....love the Superior So Fine to quilt with!! :)

Merilyn said...

Lovely retro quilting design!!! Suits the quilt perfectly!!!