Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Quilted....

Alas, I finished custom quilting a quilt for Customer S yesterday.  This was a Nancy Halvorsen BOM being offered by another LQS.  What I love about Customer S is that she will try anything.  She knows no fear.  She is an accomplished quilter and I think I have quilted a little bit of everything for her.  She has paper-pieced with the best of them...appliqued....Hunter's Stars....anything and everything.  If things are off a little, she doesn't stress about it.  For her, it is about the process, and I love that about her.  Here, let me just show you....

 I love these colors.  You could put this quilt just about anywhere.

 This is a close-up of the applique portion...stippling behind the flowers.

Close-up of the quilting.  Flash ruined the center for you, but the close-up above should help.  Most of the blocks were stitched-in-the-ditch.  The borders got quarter inch stitching in from the edges.  Gridwork in the background of the setting triangles.

Another thing I love about Customer S is that she lets the quilt talk to me.  She drops them off and just says 'whatever'.  Now, sometimes if I don't know a customer well, this would be a problem, so I would probe a little deeper.  However, with S....well, we are 'in sync'.  Another thing I love about Customer S is that she "stretches" me.  It is never the same quilt twice and sometimes I have to think outside my normal self.

Speaking of which.....if I get my next UFO done today, you are going to be so proud of me.  I've been "playing"!

The guys have the floor grouted.  Today they sand the drywall and I am potentiall painting tomorrow.  Most people don't look forward to painting.  I, however, LOVE IT!  There is nothing like a freshly painted room.  But, there isn't a white wall in my house....

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Merilyn said...

You have done a lovely job on that quilt!!! There is obviously a lot of trust between you, for her to let you loose on her quilts!!!