Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm getting there....

Worked on my French Farmhouse a little yesterday.  I finally have rows!  Hopefully, tomorrow I will have an actual flimsie to show you!  This will have busted 11 1/2 yards from my stash!  My quilt will end up being 100" square!

I was looking for a picture online to show you what it is supposed to look like and, unfortunately, found another pattern for it that I like, too!  The horror of it all!  I just need to say NO.  :) 

This is another little quilt from the same line.  Mine is in all of the neutrals, this one pulls the blues.  I got it from the Quilter's Newsletter site.  It's cute, too!  Here is the link if you want to download.  http://www.quiltersnewsletter.com/articles/french_farmhouse

This is what mine will look like: 



Well, I'm not going to get it done by hanging out here, so I am off!  Gotta go longarm for a bit, then hopefully finish piecing.  I'm thinking about making my outer border a little bigger.  What do you think?

Blessings...

4 comments:

Rilene said...

Those blues are so pretty!

Merilyn said...

Love the neutrals in the Irish Chain, it gives this classic design such a different look, just wonderful!!! I think the border width you have in the picture already is sufficient given that it is 100" it frames it nicely without being too much!!! (JIMHO)!

Melanie said...

I love blue and green together--- what is that... not the obvious combination. The Irish chain is a classic.... that quilt color will go with everything

Terry said...

I love both of those quilts! But I sure don't need any more projects added to my list of things to do! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :0)