Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, March 04, 2011

If you drink, don't drive, do the Watermelon Crawl.....

If you are new to my blog, you may want to read the post "It's all Kim's fault" on the sidebar before continuing.  It will explain the Watermelon Hooplah.

It occurs to me that I never did show you my Watermelon bowl after it came in.  Who needs to carve one out, when you have this handy little number??  I didn't show you the matching spoon, because I didn't figure you would be that  interested....I'm already pushing it a bit!  LOL  On the end, the artist has freehanded a vine similar to that on the pitcher.  Can't you just see this chock full of fresh berries and melon balls for a party?  Well, that is the plan anyway!

 And what reminded me to show you the bowl, you ask?  I finished my Melon Slice quilt!  Can I get a Woo Hoo?????!!!!!It is all bound and even has the hanging sleeve all done!  Another UFO bites the dust!  The Melon Bowl is actually posing on the back of the quilt.  I just love that fabric!
I couldn't get hubs to quit turning at an angle, so this is the best pic I could get.  I've been squeezing these UFOs on in between customer quilts, and here lately, I only have time for the smaller ones.  But, that's OK, because that is another off the list, no matter the size!

You know, it's funny, I wasn't as fond of this fabric when it came out approx 6-7 years ago as I am now.  I'm sure I will fall out of love and in love with it again more and more over the years, it is just that kind of color pallette.  I do have more of these patterns if you are interested.

Well, I need to get to work!  Does anyone have a recipe for Watermelon Wine?  I'm just sayin.....

Blessings.....

4 comments:

Merilyn said...

Isn't it nice to get another UFO out of the way! You have done a great job, and yes I fall in and out of love with fabrics too, but there must have been something about it when I bought it home that I liked LOL!

Sharon said...

Good for you, I know the feeling of when another UFO is finished. Love the watermelon bowl and the runner is adorable.

Appalachian Quilts said...

Thanks! If you like the bowl, you will have to go back and look at the pitcher! How Martha Stewart is that? I look for pottery to match my quilts! LOL Poor hubs~!

WIPPYSPLACE said...

You are just too funny--darn--now I need to see the spoon!! quilt is too cute and will look nice as a focal point for your ceramic pieces!!
I am about to complete a top I started 1 1/2 years ago--then it is off to the quilter who already has two of mine! LOL Have A GREAT WEEKEND! ((carole))