Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Happy March!

It's the first day of March, and for me...it is the countdown to Spring!  :)  March, for me, means winter is nearly over and Spring is knocking at my door!  This year, more than most, I am soooo looking forward to working out in the yard.  When the kids were young, I had a 'real' job, so gardening was reduced to getting up early on Saturday morning and working outside until it was time to be 'somewhere'.  This is the first Spring I have not had to be somewhere every day and I intend to enjoy it to its fullest.  Can you tell I am excited?  I have my little greenhouse where I will start some of my flowers and veggies...and I've never had that before, either!  :)

If you are wondering about yesterday's househunting, it was a bust!  The house was beautiful in its day, but it needed a complete remodel--inside and out!  The land was wonderful and there was a white fence all around 6 1/2 of the 13+ acres.  There was a small pond, and even a little greenhouse...yup, it would have been perfect--except for all of the WORK!  Hubs and I are 'trying' to buy a house this time that isn't a fixer-upper.  That's hard for us, so we will see.....

Well, I have gotten a late start today.  Much to do....I still have to pack and ship orders, go to the grocery and get a shower.  Late start, but we are STILL adjusting to the new schedule!  :)

 This quilt is called Misselthwaite by Miss Rosie.  Sorry it is a little blurry.  I left the camera in my car last night and the lens kept fogging up.  Originally, this quilt was meant for fat quarters.  It would be great as a scrappy quilt.  I just love these colors!
Here is a close-up.  It was all stitched in the ditch, even the piano key border. 

Hopefully, tomorrow I will FINALLY have the bunnies quilted and can show you what I have been working on for the past few weeks. 

Well, I'm off to the races!  Have a blessed day!!!!

4 comments:

Merilyn said...

Your Misselthwaite quilt is just wonderful, love the muted fabrics, you did a great job! Your perfect little slice of heaven is waiting for you out there, you just haven't discovered it yet!!
You guys are celebrating the arrival of Spring, for us it is Autumn. We have had a lot of rain and very high temps this past summer and the cooler temps are going to be most welcome!

LiahonaGirl said...

So beautiful. I love the soft colors. You have done a great job on this quilt.

LiahonaGirl said...

Just re-read the post. Did you do the piecing, or the quilting, or both? Either way, I love it.

Appalachian Quilts said...

It was an old shop sample that hung in the shop unquilted for quite a while. Someone else pieced. I quilted and bound. It is all stitched in the ditch.