Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Eleven is Heaven!

Yesterday, I told you I have been "playing".  Well, below are the results.  I have finished another UFO, and this makes ELEVEN for the year!  I'm a little behind, but I hope to catch up.  This quilt is a super simple quilt by Meme's Quilts called Meme's Star.  The pattern had a few boo boo's in it, but it is just a large star.  To foo-foo it up a bit, I decided to feather it--to death!  I went a little overboard, but that's what we do when we "play".  :)  I learned a few things about locking aspects and ratios, and to 'save' your project as you go so you don't lose your border dimensions *ahem*.  But, I was downright giddy when I looked across the top of the quilt and saw the quilting.  It is a little bright, which is usually not me, but it will make a great throw.  It is approx. 70 inches square.  The fabric line is called Maypole by April Cornell.  I love the purples in this line!


This is an absolutely horrible picture.  I played in PhotoShop trying to make it all better, and I think I just made it worse.  The middle picture more accurately reflects the colors of the quilt....





It is about halfway bound. I snuck into my sewing studio, turned on mindless television and worked on it. Have you ever watched the show "19 Kids and Counting"? Well, I did. The family is amazing. But, I'm thinking I need my own TV show. Those people have nothing on me....afterall, their 19 kids jump in and do all the chores, she has 4 washers and 4 dryers, 2 or 3 commercial refrigerators, 4 commercial stoves, a "hot kitchen" and a "dry kitchen".... Think about it, I have 1 washer, 1 dryer, 1 small refrigerator, 1 regular stove and NO HELP! Sure, they are good at laying tile, but really???? The film crew couldn't keep up with me running around doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, longarming, sewing....I'm just sayin....



Blessings.....

P.S.  Woo Hoo!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Your feathers are beautiful and inspiring

Merilyn said...

Your feather quilting looks just wonderful!!! Great work!