Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, March 07, 2011

Civil War Legacies

We were having Jo's Little Women's Club at the shop, and the project we were working on called for cutting skinny strips of fabric.  I had just gotten in a line called Complements by Jo Morton.  My brain started working, and I grabbed a Civil War Legacies pattern called Little Nieces.  In 20 minutes, I had a quilt!  :)  Of course, I just got it quilted, bound and the hanging sleeve put on this week....but I was "pacing myself".  This was a great way to show off many of the fabrics in the new line!

Here it is....


This next one is also a Civil War Legacies pattern called Lincoln Logs.  This time, we used it to show fabrics in the Renee Neneman line called Blossom Lane.  I got this one quilted, bound and the hanging sleeve put on, too.  Can I get TWO Woo Hoos???

For both of these quilts, I just did stitch in the ditch and threw some feathers out in the borders.  But, that is two more finishes for me!  :)  I worked on these while I was longarming the quilts I showed you on Saturday.

Wait until you see what I have for you tomorrow!  I'm almost done with another!!!!!

Blessings

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Congratulations Cynthia. You blew me away when you said you did these on the long arm. I tend to do my little quilts on one of my domestic machines and leave the long arm for bigger stuff. Do you sew fabs on the edges so that you can do them on the long arm. Or wait, maybe you just load a bigger piece of backing and plop them on it. I can see that would work. They look very nice though and finished is such a nice word!

Appalachian Quilts said...

I just make sure the backing is 4" bigger all the way around. I can load any size! Love it! I can't quilt on a domestic machine to save my life! ROFL

Barbara said...

Two Whooo Hoooo's for you Cynthia!

Appalachian Quilts said...

Thanks, Barbara!

Merilyn said...

Wow! you work fast, and get some great results!!! Great inspiration for left-over pieces, thanks for sharing!!! BTW love the quilted feathers!!!

Appalachian Quilts said...

These were already pieced, Merilyn....I just had to quilt and bind. Don't be too impressed! ROFL

Melanie said...

Love love LOVE that hanger! Hey-- I want to talk to you about the Garden quilt.... Can you email me you email address?