Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Can I get a drumroll please???......

Woo Hoo!  My French Farmhouse quilt is now a flimsie!  My back started hurting yesterday afternoon while I was longarming, and I still wanted to be productive, so.........I headed over to the sewing studio!  The real kicker is that it busted those 11 1/2 yards of stash!  Hubs and Nephew held it up as best they could, but you can get the feel for it.

Does it look a little wrinkly?  Well, after I painstakingly re-pressed the entire 100 plus inches after completion, I handed it to Hubs while I went to grab the camera.  He ROLLED IT UP INTO A BALL and laid it on the dining room table while he and nephew called AAA.  It has now been RE-pressed, folded, and put on the suit hanger with it's binding.  It will be a few months before I can quilt it, as I have a lot of longarming to do for customers right now and this one will definitely be a custom.

So, I have now completed two goals if you think about it.  I've used up that stash and done that pattern, but I've always wanted to make a 'neutral' quilt....and now I have.  I did end up doing 6" borders.  I have a few months to think about it and I can always cut them down, but I can't water and feed and make them grow!

Have a blessed day!

11 comments:

Sue said...

That's a beautiful quilt. I have always loved that design. I've never made a neutral quilt like that before and I should. It's a great idea.

BTW..thank you so much for stopping by my blog to leave a comment. I so appreciate it.

jennifer said...

I just found you and I'm already following. I love the quilt.

Appalachian Quilts said...

Thanks for the comments and for stopping by! The quilt is from Fons and Porter May/June 2009. Directions are done wonderfully. A tip I would give is to press all of your seams in one direction for all of the blocks. Then, you can just flip flop the way they go together when doing the rows. They will automatically be in the correct direction when putting the rows together....

Sharon said...

Very nice, I really like the neutral quilts. You are on a roll.

Lorraine said...

drum roll worthy! Love the neutral quilt...and read back a bit to see your tips for getting more time to sew.....some I do already....but thanks for the tip on lawn edges..I agree...they are over rated....LOL

Karen said...

Rolled it up into a ball!!!!! Don't worry, it still looks beautiful!!

Appalachian Quilts said...

There is a country song where the guy talks about the bad habits he has...then he says "it's too late, you already love me". Well, now my hubs uses that line every time he does something he knows might make me "ouchy". :)

Merilyn said...

Your neutral quilt looks great, very serene!!!

Louisa said...

Hey Cynthia - I just read through some of your posts - love your blog, funny! - Melanie P.S. The neutral quilt looks wonderful, & I'm sure more stunning in person.

Helen in the UK said...

HUGE congrats on a great finish!! It looks great and I bet with custom quilting will be a real stunner :)

Appalachian Quilts said...

Thanks, Melanie. Life is too short to be serious... I can't wait to get it quilted! It will be great to get it on one of our beds! :)