Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

All of a sudden....I LOVE Weeds!

Kim over at Kim's Big Quilting Adventure set a goal for herself of finishing 11 quilts in 2011.  She asked if there was anyone else who wanted to join in on her challenge.  I'm sure she spewed her coffee all over her keyboard when I replied and told her how many I wanted to finish!  LOL  Of course, not all of mine are big quilts.  I have all of those flimsies of varying sizes that need quilted and bound.  There are UFOs I am going to tackle, but these flimsies are keeping me awake at night!  I envision passing on to another land and our children wondering what the heck to do with them all!

So, I have been a longarming fool!  While I work on customer quilts on one machine, I try to keep one of mine on the other machine.  (I have two Gammills.)  Even if I just throw on a little *quickie*, I am trying to get this down to a manageable pile!  It will also help me out when we move, as I intend to have an Open House to show my quilting in an effort to drum up some more longarming business.  After all, I am moving to a completely different area!  So, I guess you could call it a one-woman quilt show!

Hopefully, if the girls from the shop are reading, they are going to be very proud of me.  Wait until they see this one!  This was a pattern from Meme's Quilts called Button Weeds.  It hung as a flimsie for a little while, and who knew that the quilting and buttons would add so much!


  You can't see the quilting in the outer borders, but I stitched along the lines of the plaid.  I stitched in the ditch around all of the applique, and you can see the linear stitching in the background.  When I get an awesome project like this done, it just inspires me to be more productive!  GW are you proud of me????

So, what motivates and inspires you to jump in there and finish?  I would love to hear from you!  And....if you are counting, that's NINE finishes this year!  Woo Hoo!

Blessings

7 comments:

Cheri said...

Reading about people like you who set a goal and then press it to the max inspire me...keep stitching and keep reporting. Love your birdies!

Appalachian Quilts said...

Thanks, Cheri! That's part of why I started blogging again. If I feel like I am being held accountable (I know it is in my head) it motivates me to do more! That Button Weeds project really kick-started my enthusiasm again. I just love how it turned out! :)

Pattilou said...

I'm drooling that you have 2 Gammills! Love the "Button Weeds".

Good luck on your future move and starting in a new area!

Appalachian Quilts said...

I had a shop until we lost our lease in October....otherwise, I would only have one! But I highly recommend it! (Now, you also see why I have all of these quilts to be quilted....all of these shop samples!)

Lori said...

It is adorable!!
Thanks you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. I am enjoying the applique blocks a lot!!

Andrea said...

Oh this is so sweet - really lovely! I found your blog through the smallquilttalk group. I have just joined as I love little quilts and want to make more this year xxx

Michelle said...

That is a REALLY cute little quilt!