Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, February 25, 2011

You Scrap Me Up!

I have mentioned the book a few times, but it bears mentioning again.  Bits and Pieces (Martingale) has a lot of great small quilts to use up those scraps you have laying around.  This first quilt was an Americana quilt.  The fabrics we used weren't what I would have chosen, but we were trying to sell some fabric we inherited when we bought out another shop.


 This was a pinwheel quilt from a Thimbleberries book that is now out of print.  The book was Pint Size Traditions.  There were a lot of good patterns in the book for wallhangings, table runners, etc.  The fabric line was a Hoffman floral line...back in the good ole days when they did more florals.



I love the name of this quilt.  It is also in the book Bits and Pieces.  The quilt is called Waste Not, Want Not.  How appropriate!


Tons of work today, so I can't dilly dally and bore you to tears....maybe tomorrow.  How do you use up your stash?  How do you store those little pieces you just can't bear to part with?

Blessings...

3 comments:

Merilyn said...

Love the little Americana quilt, such a simple design and blocks, creates a lovely pattern.
I never throw anything away so long as I can get a 1/4" seam around all sides. I usually save the smallest pieces for making foundation paper pieced pincushions, larger pieces I use in sampler blocks or HST, just love the scrappy look!!!

Eileen said...

Boy, that last one of HST is an idea to use up the box of 1 1/2 inch Half square triangles I save off of other quilts.
You know I never throw those things away. Always sew them before cutting off.

Appalachian Quilts said...

I'm with you, Eileen. I save all of those triangles knowing that I will make something of them...some day! The pastel pinwheels quilt (a few blog posts ago) would also be a cute way to use them up! :)