Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, February 11, 2011

What's on YOUR bed?

This is the quilt on MY bed.  One thing that I consider an advantage for all of us who are machine quilters is that we can USE our quilts.  Machine quilting holds up very well when you wash a quilt to death.  Hand quilting requires a little more 'care'.

I don't remember if I have posted this quilt or not, so forgive me if I have.  This is another shop hop quilt.  We were each assigned a block.  We were then to take the block and a fat eighth from each of the shop's fabrics and design a quilt.  This is my design.  Originally, I was going to make the shop in the shape that you see with the background fabrics.  If only I could show you the quilting.  I used a varigated thread that actually had all of the colors from the blocks.  I did ferns in the setting triangles and outer borders.  I am just tickled how it turned out!  (This pic is before the quilting.)  I also should mention that I used Quilter's Dream Angel for the batting.  Dream Angel has the feel of 100% cotton, but is flame-retardant.  The flame-retardant factor did not come into play when choosing my batting....I just love the feel!!!

Until tomorrow.....I'll be snuggling under this beauty!

Blessings....

2 comments:

Pam Geisel - For Quilts Sake said...

Love that quilt! Here's a photo of the quilt that I made that is on my bed...and the bed was made by my husband.
http://www.forquiltssake.com/SquaresAndQuartersBedQuilt.htm

Val said...

This is just gorgeous. I have the only quilt that I have ever made on my bed. I have several in the works but I started that one 25 years ago and just finished it a couple of years ago. The good thing is I finished it. That is something that I am not good at. I am the #1 procrastinator plus I have to be in the mood!